THROOP STUDIO - Photography & Video Rental Space
This is not your average rental space. The rehabbed studio's history dates back to the early 1900’s with it’s original owner being a cobbler, until it transitioned into a zinc foundry where it remained for over 50 years. The foundry was even rumored to cast oscar awards at this very spot!
We underwent a major renovation, bringing this little slice of history into a modern more open concept photography studio while maintaining it’s original industrial vibe.
We’ve been delighted to host a variety of amazing projects with some really creative clientele from around the country. This space is just waiting for your next production, wether it's photography, video, casting or whatever your needs.
- 3,000 sq feet of working space
- North Shooting Bay: 25’ x 25’, 12’ ceilings, kitchen, wet capable, acid-stained concrete
- South Shooting Bay: 22’ x 32’, 12’ ceilings, hardwood floor
- Kitchen: Shoot-in Restaurant quality with commercial 6-burner gas range, refrigerator/freezer
- Styling Station: 2 stations, ample light, multiple counter tops, designated sink
- Conference Spaces: large open conference area and private office
- Client Lounge, stacked with tons of cool art books
- Bathroom: full handicap compliant bathroom with walk-in shower
- 2 12x6 foot L shaped walls, paintable and movable
- Loading Dock: garage door access to studio for easy setup and teardown
- Parking: 2 designated off-street parking spots and ample no-cost street parking
- On-site studio manager available for the duration of your shoot
- Dedicated production area with computer station and printer
- Locking storage room for added security on multi-day shoots or when off-site
- TV moniter with Apple tv for remote viewing
- WIFI, high speed
- Surround sound system
Basic Gear/Equipment included with your rental.
- Linhoff studio mono-stand (6’)
- 2 Regal 11’ mono-stands
- Bogen video tripod with dolly
- 4 Bogen mono poles with crossbars for background support
- 6 C-stands with arms
- 2 Manfrotto boom stands
- 4 x 8, 4 x 4 and 4 x 2 shooting work surfaces with adjustable leg heights
- Apple boxes, full and half sizes
- Equipment racks for your gear
- Rolling computer cart
The studio has a large collection of on-site surfaces and props from local prop stylist, Lindsey Parker. Available items can be viewed online at Lindsey Parker Styles http://www.lindseyparkerstyles.com/
Surround Sound System
Hair & Makeup Area
Black Out Curtains
Tables & Chairs
Full Commercial Kitchen
On Site Studio Manager
No modifications to the studio shall be made. The studio must be left in the condition it was found.
Additional Charges: $1oo Cleaning Fee (An additional cleaning fee may be incurred due to longer bookings with multiple days or kitchen use with food prep)
(Damage fees may apply)
We simply ask that you remain respectful and courteous of the space, create a safe working environment, leave the studio in the same condition, and most of all have a great time!