About our studio
Located in the Santa Fe Art Colony, a historic live-work artists’ compound on the edge of the Arts District in downtown Los Angeles, our 3,000 ft² ground floor space features a 1,200 ft² photo/video studio, which includes a white corner-cyc wall with blackout-capable skylights, allowing for natural light or artificial light shooting.
Our space is perfect for photo shoots, commercial shoots, lookbook shoots, dance shoots, product shoots, headshots, small production music video shoots, interviews, auditions, castings, client meetings, creative meetings, and production meetings.
Because our space is situated in a live-work community built exclusively for working artists, we strive to make sure that our space is welcoming and hospitable, as well as versatile and professional.
Space Features & Included Amenities
• 3,000 ft² total space
• 1,200 ft² photo/video studio
• 14’ x 22’ x 11.5’ H white corner-cyc wall
• Dual 4’ x 8’ skylights with motorized, remote-controlled blackout shades
• 17’ exposed truss ceiling
• Natural light & blackout capabilities
• Smooth, ultra-white walls & gray concrete floors
• Basic grip package (see details below)
• 3 onsite gated parking spots & free street parking nearby
• Convenient ground floor loading area through double door
• Private green room & lounge area
• Lighted hair & makeup station
• Private changing area with 2 rolling wardrobe racks & steamer
• Modern kitchen with 10-person dining table, guest-use mini fridge, coffee machine, hot water kettle, tableware, & flatware
• Complimentary coffee, tea, & filtered water
• Guest bathroom (not ADA accessible)
• Bluetooth sound system
• 100 Mbps dedicated WiFi network
• Friendly onsite studio manager(s)
• Outdoor smoking area
Basic Grip Package
The following grip equipment is available for use with each rental at no additional charge:
• Five c-stands
• Three apple boxes
• Three V-flats
• One 10 lb weight bag, Four 15 lb sandbags, and two 35 lb sandbags
• Five 25' stinger AC power extension cables
• Three surge protectors
We do not provide lighting rentals.
We also have booties available for purchase onsite for $5 for 5 pairs. Seamless paper in an assortment of colors is available for use at $20 per pull.
While our space and community are generally quiet, this is not a sound stage. The occasional sound will make it through the walls, but never are these sounds at a level or frequency that they become disruptive. Our space is great for small production video shoots where uninterrupted audio recording is not required, but we cannot guarantee a soundproof facility.
The photo/video studio & cyc wall area of our space provides a total of 80 amps over four (4) 20A, 120V dedicated circuits, each with a quad receptacle outlet. Electrical distro boxes/lunch boxes are not available for use in our space.
The dual 4’ x 8’ skylights above the photo/video studio & cyc wall area allow soft, natural light to fill the space. The skylights can be blacked out with motorized shades. Also, all windows except for the kitchen have black curtains.Read more
3 parking spaces allowing inside our gated lot. All other cars can park on the street for free all day. Vehicles larger than a sprinter van must park on the street. All vehicles may load in/out at our front door.
- One Room
- Natural Light
- Still Life
- Sound Stage
- White Floors
- White Walls
- Exposed Brick
- Shooting Kitchen
- Shooting Bathroom
- Overhead Shooting
- Wood Floors
- Outdoor access
- Garden access
- Black out shades
- Vehicle access
- Cityscape/Skyline views
Shooting Kitchen description:
Fully equipt kitchen with oven, mini fridge, microwave, sink, kitchen island and plenty of counterspace. Located right off the studio for convenient access.
- Basic Studio Equipment
- On-Site Rental Equipment
- On-site Support Staff
- Digital Tech On-Site
- Air Conditioning
- Computers available
- Sound System
- Pet Friendly
10 person dining table and chairs are available fore crew meals and work area.
- Makeup/Hair Room
- VIP Room
Fully equipt kitchen with oven, mini fridge, microwave, sink, kitchen island and plenty of counterspace. Coffee/tea/water are provided.
- Single Phase
- Max crew size
- Ceiling height
- 17 ft